Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This year I was kind of a slacker about getting our Christmas stuff up. I think it was because we just got done unpacking and putting our house together. Also, since our house is pretty small, I didn't want to have to move furniture out of the living room to the garage just to put up the tree. So instead we bought a small three foot tree and put it on our end table. It worked out great! I think that it is going to work out perfect while we are living in Europe.


Our Tree

My Korean Nativity that I bought last January in Osan

My new Santa that I bought at the Christmas market in Austria. You are supposed to put an incense cone in the bottom and he smokes out of his mouth. I'm not sure that I'm going to use it though because I don't want his beard to turn black.

Willow Tree Nativity that Dustin bought me for Christmas two years ago.

So these are pictures of our third trip to Venice. We love Venice because every time that you go there, there is something new to see and a different path to wonder.
Rialto Bridge



We came across a cool area that was evidence of Venice sinking. This building had a make-shift bridge to the door because it was flooded.

Just around the other side of that building


Standing in nasty water! (believe me Venice does not have crystal blue clean water!) But we still love it here.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! Corianne, I miss you and looking at your pictures makes me so jealous.. I will make it to Italy one day :)!! In the mean time... I will watch you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hook Venice to a crane or something so it doesn't sink before I can get there!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your Christmas decorations!! That tree is still fancy even though it's small. I hope you have an awesome Christmas in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!! Love the nativity from Korea! And I'm glad you posted a picture of that cute Santa! Look at all this awesome stuff you'll have and get to put out every year! I'm jealous. I put up my Christmas stuff and decided most of it I don't really like. :oP You'll have such neat stories to tell about all your decorations! Your kids will be fighting over who gets what when they grow up! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is so cute! I'm so jealous you get to see and explore all these neat things! Your decorations from all around the world are awesome!

    ReplyDelete